|Udder Side June Dairy Month Cow Queen for 2012|
I am thrilled to introduce myself as the winner of the First Annual Udder Side June Dairy Month Cow Queen Contest. Wow, it is really going to take a big plaque to fit all of that on it, right? Anyway my first decree as June Dairy Month Cow Queen is to make milk the official drink of the month! My second decree is to make ice cream the official dessert of the month! Hmmm, I could really get used to this kind of power.
Think you know everything about dairy products? Here's a few interesting and little known facts about milk that you might not know about:
- Milk tastes really really good. Maybe that one is fairly well known.
- Ancient Spartans drank milk to give themselves the power of the gods. Okay, I made that up, but chocolate milk is a great recovery drink even after a grueling day of combat.
- The recipe for ice cream probably came about in the 16th century in Italy and was possibly transported there from China by Marco Polo. No idea if ice cream has anything to do with his swimming pool game.
- Yogurt goes back to around 6000 B.C. in Central Asia and Genghis Khan lived on yogurt according to some people. Rumour has it that Khan on Star Trek also was a yogurt fan.
- Drinking milk makes you rich, rich in nutrients that is. My milk is just chock-full of all kinds of nutrition that is hard to beat by other foods.
Agent 233, your Udder Side June Dairy Month Cow Queen.