Monday, January 21, 2013

A Very Dairy Inauguration

My Inauguration Party Hat!


There will be no report today because I'm in Washington D.C.! It isn't everyday you get invited to an Inaugural Ball!        

-Shirley, former Presidential Candidate, on the Udder Side.



------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Shirley,

Barack and I are so pleased that you will be attending his Inauguration on Monday. I think that you and he can find common ground on many issues. Barack has one weakness that you may not have heard about; he loves ice cream. Did you know that when he was growing up in Hawaii he worked at an ice cream store scooping out delicious dairy treats for the customers? 

We're all milk lovers at the White House. I have steadfastly supported having milk as a part of a good diet. In my Let's Move campaign I have received the support of the dairy industry as I fight against obesity.

If you have not had a chance to look at the menu for the 2013 Inauguration I think when you do you will be quite pleased. We have two items specifically dedicated to dairy. We will be serving Sour Cream Ice Cream as well as Artisan cheeses. You are going to love it! Plus, Beyonce, a milk lover from way back, will be one of the performers.

Can't wait to see you and sit down and chat.

Sincerely yours,





Michelle Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment