Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fifty Shades of Hay

There is one book making the rounds from cow to cow on the farm. Everyone is salivating over their favorite part and let me tell you that certain pages are definitely dog eared.

fifty shades of grey
Fifty Shades of Hay

Oh, the wonderful types of hay there are to eat; all fifty or more shades of them. Timothy, alfalfa, orchardgrass... I could go on and on about how much we love them. I have to say that Dairy Dave did a fantastic job on the photos and articles describing all the varieties of hay inside.

There is just something about the thoughts of spring coming and watching the grass grow. Obviously we can't wait for that to happen and for The Farmer to start harvesting. Until then we at least know the hay buffet will be open.


Agent 16, reporting from the Udder Side.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to the fabulous farming folks on Twitter, I learned that cows need different types of hay to stay healthy. What is your favorite variety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Cold and ice!

      I like my hay to be tall, green and leafy. No thorns or stickers, please! I can say that while we are fond of the orchard grass The Farmer grows, when they purchase Alfalfa I can say my mouth just waters!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete