Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Preparing For The Cold


With cold weather coming we are making lots of preparations.  One of the hardest times to do undercover work is when the temperature is well below freezing.  Technical problems and just trying to stay warm are impediments to doing your job right.  We are adding heating pads around our computers to keep them running.  We have also made sure we have battery back ups available just in case the power was to fail.  

This kind of weather always reminds me of my first mission in the frigid Northeast.  I was a springing heifer and we were still using wired communicators.  My ear piece had frozen to my ear and I was unable to remove it before The Farmer came around.  The wire hung precariously in the air as he approached.  I quickly stuck my head in the hay manger and began munching.  He was fooled, and I never made the mistake again.

The Farmer has also been getting ready for the cold.  We have seen him making sure the heaters are turned on for the water tanks to prevent them from freezing.  The Farmer also made sure he had hay readily available to feed for the next few days.  He has been seen running drop cords to the tractors to plug up the heaters to enable them to start on cold mornings.  

Agent 65, reporting from the Udder Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment