Monday, June 15, 2015

The Big Scooper!

I had an epiphany. There I was standing in the night pasture almost ready to go in for the morning milking when I looked up and saw it.


The Big Dipper hung right over me. The wheels in my brain started turning. It was sort of like that old farmer joke about when the farmer looked up and saw the letters G and P formed by the clouds. He assumed it was a sign from God to Go Preach. However he was a failure at preaching and asked God why he sent him to go preach. God answered him that he meant for him to Go Plow!

There is no confusion for me about the Big Dipper. I know why I took notice of it today. Lots of things get updated for modern audiences or to be more relevant for today's world. Movie franchises and television shows get rebooted, new models of items come out, etc.

Today I'd like to propose that we change the name of the Big Dipper to the Big Scooper! I believe the stars hanging over me like that was a sign that it liked us cows and hoped that when our milk is turned into ice cream it could dip it. But dip isn't really a great description anymore,is it? Scooper is much better. The Big Scooper! There's no reason that the Little Dipper couldn't also be renamed as the Little Scooper, too. 

June Dairy Month is the perfect time to open this up for discussion. Should we rename the Big Dipper to the Big Scooper? Sign the petition below! Ice cream lovers, we're counting on you!

Agent 268 reporting from the Udder Side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment