Monday, October 17, 2011

Spy vs Spy?


I can honestly say that the last few days have been wild.  A week ago The Farmer separated me from the rest of the dry cows.  I had been with them for about fifty days doing my reporting there.  Not much to say, mostly we just hung out, ate, and slept.  When The Farmer moved me I thought, uh-oh, what's going on here? Then the weird thing happened: he started spying on me!

Seriously, The Farmer was always looking up in the field I was in to check on me or slowing down in his truck to watch me.  He was almost a stalker.  But then my time came.  Maybe I should say my calf's time came.  While The Farmer was doing all his watching, I felt confident he would come in and assist me if I had needed any help while calving.  I know this had to be true because when my calf was totally clueless about how to get started nursing, The Farmer was there to guide him to me to get my colostrum, my first milk, which is like super-duper milk, full of good stuff to get my calf off to a great start.

My question is who is spying on whom?

Agent 150, reporting from the Udder Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment