Friday, July 15, 2011

Beat the Heat

It has been hot. Hot!  Almost, but only almost, hot enough to make me miss those cold New England winters I had on my first assignments.  The Farmer has been doing his best to cool us down.  While we always have plenty of shade and clean, fresh water I do wonder if he wonder if he's ever considered one of those sprinkler cooling systems.

When the heat advisory went well over 100 degrees I knew I had to do something.  My plan started as most brilliant plans do with a diversion.  I sent nine heifers over the fence and into the neighbor's tall corn field to play hide and seek with The Farmer.  He spent all day going back and forth from his farm to the neighbor's looking for them until he finally led them back home.  We laughed and laughed.  It was perfect.

In the meantime my package arrived and we got it installed in the office.  While it isn't state of the art my office is much much cooler now.


Agent 101, reporting from the Udder Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment