Monday, September 12, 2011

Handsome Dairy Dave and The Bashful Bulls

The Farmer needs a new radio!
I took an opportunity to inspect The Farmer's tractor today while he was out to lunch.  I could not believe what I found: the out of print cassette of Handsome Dairy Dave and the Bashful Bulls Sing Their Hits Live!  I have tried and tried to find it to no avail even with my secret agent resources.

My mama cow was no secret agent; she was a show cow.  She went to all the state fairs around and I was actually born at one with a whole bunch of people watching.  The first music I ever heard was booming right next to us and it Dairy Dave on his farewell tour.  Wow, we heard him sing at several of the fairs that fall, including his signature song, Ice Cream Again.
 
Memories. memories.

What is hard to believe is that  Dairy Dave and the Bashful Bulls's opening act is such a big star now and I saw him when, if you know what I mean.  Will Gilmer, The Singing Dairyman, was just getting started back then, spreading the good news about dairy farmers and such. Here's one of my favorite of his videos!






Agent 27, reporting from the Udder Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment